Racing is currently scheduled to go ahead as planned but with added safety measures in response to the high winds that are forecast on Saturday.
Please ensure ALL PADDLERS bring a Buoyancy Aid. The final decision regarding which additional divisions or races will be required to wear a BA will be made Friday 12.00
Securing Boats in the Wind
We have a partly sheltered area for leaving boats after boat check. We will be providing limited trailer racking. Please bring YOUR OWN STRAPS to tie your boat down if you wish to use this facility. We wish to avoid boats flying around. We can’t take responsibility for damage caused to boats in the wind.
It seems sensible to call on the expertise of qualified and competent coaches who are watching from the bank. If you are in this category and would like to bring your own throw line to offer extra safety cover from the place you are watching on the bank we would welcome your additional support particularly as the start is an area where paddlers are more vulnerable.
Finally for information we have put in place extra safety boats. We have altered the site plan significantly. We have abandoned many of the structures and banners and have a safety team who are working incredibly hard implementing these major changes.
Thank you for your patience and assistance. The next update is Friday 12noon.